Wednesday 24 December 2008

Don't Know What I'm Doing Wrong!

I went to the gym today with my mum and brother, as it’s nearly Christmas and Courtney booked today off. I was aiming to do a pure CV work out, but it didn’t quite go to plan.

I did a 5min warm-up on the bike and then went on to the treadmill. I wanted to do a 400m run on 12.2 speed and 2% incline using the new technique Sheila suggested. Normally, this is easy for me and I don’t really get tired, but for some reason after 250m I was huffing and puffing and had to stop. I don’t know if it was because of the new technique, as I can’t pull my arm as far back or if I’m generally that unfit. I can’t understand why I’d be that unfit though!

I went on the cross-trainer afterwards for 10mins and again I struggled. I managed just under a mile. I need to be more assertive with Courtney from now on as I’m not sure if this is average or poor for me. She never tells me my distance on any equipment except for the rower. I have requested it in the past, but it hasn’t sunk in.

I went home after that, as I wasn’t feeling very fit and it didn’t go as well as I wanted. It’s very frustrating!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Cross trainer are designed specifically to give your body the workout that it needs. Generally, elliptically offer a 3-1 ratio of lower body to upper body resistance.

Selina Litt said...

Thanks, I didn't realise people actually took the time to read my blogs.

My legs are generally stronger than my arms anyway, which makes sense if i've been using the cross-trainer.

I've been told by my coach to use the tredmill more and not the cross-trainer, as you lose leg speed and it's not as difficult, but i find the cross-trainer much easier to control.

What baffles me is that i've been working a lot harder at the gym and on the track, but my fitness still appears to be pants!