Thursday 22 January 2009

The Stopwatch Must Be Broken!

Tuesday:
I went to the gym where I worked mainly on my arms. Used 2kg weights for both bicep curls and shoulder press. Other arm exercises included lap raises, triceps dips and triceps pulls. Again same CV, but I noticed I was unable to row as far on the rower. Only managed 206m on the last row and normally do about 215m.

Wednesday:
I was at the Pingles and did a warm-up of running 200m then walking 100m until I had completed 3 laps. The session was based on speed work. I had to do 4 x 150m where I accelerated on the middle 50m. After the forth one I did feel shattered. We were going to do some drills, but it started raining and so did a cool-down similar to the warm-up. Not one single part of my body was aching today.

Thursday:
I’ve just got back from the track at Loughborough. They seem to be digging it up and repainting it. It is fairly nice weather today, but I think I had too many layers on. I did a 400m warm-up and on reflection should have done another lap.

I brought the stopwatch to time how fast/slow I am these days. I did 2 x 100m first and was very disappointed that I could only manage 17secs. My PB is 15.9secs and 17secs was what I used to run when I very first started about 4 years ago. My quads did hurt whilst running, which is why I thought I should have warmed-up more.

Next I did 2 x 200m. I’ve never ran 200m in competition or timed conditions, but was hoping for 35secs and if not at least sub 40secs. I managed about 41secs both times. Typical!

I’m a little confused why I’m not very fast though. It was a little windy, but more of a cross wind. I’m training at the gym and track at least 4 times per week so I should be better than this.

No comments: