Saturday 31 January 2009

How Fast?!

I went to the gym this morning and worked on my legs. I never feel as tired when I concentrate on my legs compared to my arms. Whilst there one of the trainers randomly offered me a t-shirt. Its quite good quality, but he gave me a medium. Seriously, do I look like a medium?! I guess it’s the thought that counts.

In the afternoon I watched the UK Indoor Athletics Match on BBC. It’s always great to watch the professionals in action and I’m always surprised how fast they can run. A highlight for me was watching the women’s 800m. Never mind the 2 Brits that came first and second, but a 110m hurdler from Germany was a last minute replacement and they said she jogged around. It reminded me of me! The poor woman was probably running her heart out and still got lapped!

Just now I’ve been on the BBC athletics website and found an interesting article about the timings in the Olympics finals last year. I can’t believe the pace these people go at in long distance races! Approximately 14 to 15seconds for a 5000m race per 100m! I can’t even run 100m that quickly! I’ve got a lot of work to do.

If you want to view the full article then copy and paste the web address below into your browser. Sorry I’m not smart enough to know how to create links!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/athletics/7854443.stm

No comments: